Summer is upon us. That means warm weather, swimming, tanning, bbqs and VACATIONS!
Wanna relax this summer but don’t have the time or money to go away? Try a mini staycation! You can do mini day trips and even have fun in your own backyard!
A Yahoo article has five great ideas and we have a few for you too!
1. Go on a mini cruise! Go on a day-long boat tour of a marina, lake or other nearby body of water.
2. Organize a block party! Have every neighbor bring a dish, music, games and tons of fun! Need some food ideas check out the awesome recipes on our 4th of July post!
3. Turn your backyard into a water park! Grab slip and slide, some water guns, water ballons, sprinkler, kiddie pool and have some fun in the sun! Just don’t forget sunscreen!
4. Be a tourists in your own town! Visit landmarks, parks and local sights.
5. Go geocaching. Treasure hunts are awesome! Channel your inner goonie and visit geocaching.com for a set of global coordinates to discover a geocache!
6. Hit your local amusement/water park! Ct has some great ones: Lake Compounce, Quassy Amusement Park, Coco Key West, and Splash Down is close by in NY. Tickets average $25-$40 for adults and $20-$30 for children!
7. Visit the aquarium or the Zoo! Some local ones include Mystic Aquarium, Norwalk Aquarium, and Beardsley Zoo!
8. Have young kids who love to be active? Mini golf, go karting, laser tag, and the batting cages are awesome activities!
9. Have enough time/money to spend one-two nights away but don’t want to fly? Take the train or have a mini road trip to Boston, New York City, or Philadelphia! We are so close to three awesome cities with tons of things to do and sights to see!
10. Love shopping? Hit up some outlets and get awesome deals! Clinton Crossing and Woodbury Commons have tons of stores and awesome prices!
Which ever you choose be sure to relax and have some fun!